Texas Water Development Board
Performs routine (journey-level) planning and research work. Work involves coordinating the development of regional water plans with regional water planning groups. Coordinates and manages planning grant contracts for development of regional water plans. Serves as liaison (non-voting member) to regional water planning groups. Provides technical and administrative assistance to regional water planning groups. Supports regional water project development teams and evaluate projects in loan application process. Assists in developing the state water plan. May train others. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the Regional Water Planning Department.
Essential Job Functions
• Manages research and planning contracts for regional water planning and related studies to assure products meet the intent of the scope of work, rules, and statutory requirements.
• Performs other routine contract management duties such as reviewing and approving payment requests and ensuring timely processing of contract amendments, budget memorandums, or subcontracts.
• Provides technical assistance for planning contracts and reports on planning projects.
• Serves as the liaison (non-voting member) and provides direct technical and administrative assistance to three regional water planning groups to facilitate the timely completion of their regional water plans and studies.
• Prepares and evaluates reports, and makes presentations.
• Participates in technical, policy, and interagency planning meetings.
• Supports and participates as a member of one or more multi-disciplinary Regional Water Project Development teams through promoting funding programs at stakeholder meetings, and application review for funding water-related infrastructure projects.
• Reviews and evaluates planning deliverables for contractual, rule, and statutory compliance and approval.
• Maintains contact and membership data for assigned regions.
• Ensures information for assigned regions is accurate and up to date on the TWDB website.
• Assists in providing quality control review of SWIFT project prioritization information.
• Assists in compiling, writing, and otherwise developing Board and policy items as well as the state water plan and other program materials.
• Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
• Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agency’s records retention procedures and schedule.
• Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements of the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
• May be required to operate a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in City or Regional Planning, Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, Economics, Business or Public Administration, or a related field.
• Three to five years of experience in planning and research work, engineering, hydrology, geology, economics, business, or public administration.
• Relevant education and experience can be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
• Graduate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in City or Regional Planning, Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, Economics, Business or Public Administration, or related areas.
• Three years of experience in water-related technical work or water planning.
$4,200 - $4,750* Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Apply Via Mail/Hand Delivery: Texas Water Development Board
Stephen F. Austin Building, 1700 North Congress Ave., Room 670,
Austin, Texas 78701, via facsimile (512) 463-7644, via email HR@twdb.texas.gov or via Work in Texas (www.workintexas.com). Refer to Human Resources (512) 475-2142. Equal Opportunity Employer