Texas Water Development Board
Performs routine (journey-level) technical analysis and engineering evaluation of reports, facility plans, construction plans and specifications, construction schedules, contracts, change orders and other required project and program documents. Responsible for ensuring that TWDB financial assistance projects comply with Board rules and design criteria. Makes recommendations on eligibility for funding and project approval. Ensures that projects comply with all engineering and construction related program requirements and that project files are accurate and complete. Represents Regional Water Planning and Development (RWPD) at assigned meetings and engagements. May train others. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the RWPD Department.
Essential Job Functions
• Reviews applications for financial assistance.
• Advises applicants on TWDB requirements according to the different funding programs.
• Develops relevant engineering information needed for Board consideration of the funding request and make final recommendations on the feasibility of the proposed project/application.
• Coordinates with various federal and state agencies regarding project and programs.
• Performs technical review and evaluation of engineering related financial assistance documents; determines relevant deficiencies, options and recommendations to ensure compliance with TWDB rules and regulations.
• Monitors project schedules, budgets, and invoice costs and/or released costs to identify potential issues or delays.
• Serves as contract manager and monitors contract schedules, requirements, terms, and conditions; reviews eligibility and approves payment requests.
• Conducts on-site observations to monitor the progress of the construction of water and wastewater treatment systems to for compliance with TWDB rules and regulations.
• Assists owners with problem resolution, and ensures work is completed in accordance with approved plans and specifications.
• Manages various aspects of projects, recommends course of action to reduce delays, and documents project files on significant actions.
• Provides information and assistance to appropriate TWDB staff and clients.
• Stays informed of changes to pertinent laws, regulations, guidelines, policies, and instructions and correctly applies them to assigned projects.
• Identifies and participates in internal and external job-related trainings.
• Maintains current information in TxWise.
• Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
• Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agency’s records retention procedures and schedule.
• Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements of the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
• May be required to operate a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
• Performs other duties as assigned. • Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in Engineering or a related field.
• One to two years of engineering-related experience.
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer by the State of Texas.
• Relevant education and experience can be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
$4,125.00-$4,700.00/Monthly* Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Apply Via Mail/Hand Delivery: Texas Water Development Board
Stephen F. Austin Building, 1700 North Congress Ave., Room 670, Austin, Texas 78701, via facsimile (512) 463-7644, via email HR@twdb.texas.gov or via Work in Texas (www.workintexas.com). Refer to Human Resources (512) 475-2142. Equal Opportunity Employer.