Enter company name.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in Engineering or a related field.
• Three years of professional engineering experience.
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer by the State of Texas.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
• Certified Associate in Project Management.
• Experience in planning and/or design of water treatment, storage and distribution systems.
• Experience in planning and/or design of wastewater treatment plants and collection systems.
• Experience in construction related inspection, oversight or monitoring of water and/or wastewater projects.
• Experience with water laws, federal and state programs and permitting.
Performs advanced (senior-level) varied and complex technical analysis and engineering evaluation of reports, facility plans, construction plans and specifications, construction schedules, contracts, change orders and other required project and program documents to ensure that the TWDB financial assistance projects comply with Board rules and design criteria. Makes recommendations on eligibility for funding and project approval. Ensures that projects comply with all engineering and construction related program requirements and that project files are accurate and complete. Serves as an advisor on engineering related matters and oversees applicable reviews conducted by Team Project Reviewers to help ensure that TWDB funded projects comply with Board rules, design criteria and acceptable engineering practices. Represents the Regional Water Planning and Development at assigned meetings and engagements. May train others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the Regional Water Project Development Team 1.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs technical review and evaluation of engineering related financial assistance documents based upon established guidelines providing relevant deficiencies, options and recommendations to ensure compliance with TWDB rules and regulations.
• Develops relevant engineering information needed for Board consideration of the funding request and make final recommendations on the feasibility of the proposed project/application.
• Reviews applications for financial assistance.
• Advises applicants on TWDB requirements according to the different funding programs.
• Provides guidance, oversight, and approval of reviews conducted by Project Reviewers.
• Coordinates with various federal and state agencies regarding project and programs.
• Monitors project schedules, budgets, and invoice costs and/or released costs to identify potential issues or delays.
• Serves as contract manager and monitors contract schedules, requirements, terms, and conditions; reviews eligibility and approves payment requests.
• May conduct on site observations to monitors the progress of the construction of water and wastewater treatment systems for compliance with TWDB rules and specifications.
• Assists owners with problem resolution, and ensures work is completed in accordance with approved plans and specifications.
• Manages various aspects of projects, recommends course of action to reduce delays, and documents project files on significant actions.
• Provides information and assistance to appropriate TWDB staff and clients.
• Stays informed of changes to pertinent laws, regulations, guidelines, policies, and instructions and correctly applies them to assigned projects.
• Identifies and participates in internal and external job-related trainings.
• Coordinates and assists the engineering discipline lead and RWPD Management Analyst as needed.
• Maintains current information in TxWise.
• Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
• Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agency’s records retention procedures and schedule.
• Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements or the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
• May be required to operate a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
$5,258.67 - $5,417.00/M* Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Apply Via Mail/Hand Delivery: Texas Water Development Board, Stephen F. Austin Building, 1700 North Congress Ave., Room 670, Austin, Texas 78701, via facsimile (512) 463-7644, via email HR@twdb.texas.gov or via Work in Texas (www.workintexas.com). Refer to Human Resources (512) 475-2142.
Equal Opportunity Employer