University of Texas at Arlington Center for Environmental Excellence
To perform entry-level engineering assignments and provide assistance to higher level engineers, city and county officials, water system owners and operators, agency staff, the public or other governmental entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review and evaluate SW public water system Filter Backwash Recycling Rule (FBRR) requests, update databases and spreadsheets accordingly.
2. Routinely run queries to ensure inactivation data in Surface Water and/or Groundwater Monthly Operating Reports are accurate and consistent with databases.
3. Provide technical assistance to consulting engineers, city and county officials, water system owners and operators, agency staff, the public or other governmental entities.
4. Complete the technical review of plan and specification submittals within the performance target timeframe set by management.
5. Prepare formal correspondence for each plan review during the timeframe set by management (typically 60 days).
6. Performs other duties assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: BACHELOR’S degree in the field of assignment with data analysis, environmental quality management, public utilities, business administration, or related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: EIT
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Follows all applicable institutional standard operating procedures. Adheres to institutional paper and electronic file management requirements.
Center for Environmental Excellence
Division for Enterprise Development (Austin Office)
University of Texas – Arlington