City of Hutto
City of Hutto
Provides professional engineering leadership and technical services in connection with planning and executing a wide variety of public works improvement programs including the direction of construction and maintenance activities at project sites. Design projects may include waterworks, sewage, drainage systems and streets. Responsibilities also include project management and to ensure that effective processes and systems are in place and managed to enhance the day-to-day operations of the City.
1. Perform project management for municipal infrastructure improvements including but not limited to streets, drainage, water and wastewater and assist in the development, management, supervision and/or performance of the City’s Capital Improvement Program.
2. Coordinate the construction inspection of capital projects and infrastructure; ensure conformance with contract plans, specifications and applicable codes and perform final inspection. Develop plans, specifications and other contract documents. Maintain records of all plans and contract documents.
3. Oversee the preparation of division’s budget; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, material, and supplies; administer the approved budget.
4. Serve as project manager on engineering contracts for special studies and/or project design and on issues relating to modifications or amendments to public policy issues.
5. Estimate cost of proposed projects to aid in determining priorities, project feasibility and to ensure orderly disbursement of public funds.
6. Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned aspects of storm drain, sanitary sewer, water system and/or transportation construction and alteration plans.
7. Review plans and consult with engineers, architects, builders and contractors to discuss plans and compliance with various codes.
8. Review subdivision plats and construction plans submitted by developers to ensure local, state and federal laws and ordinances are followed.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Advanced job skills are required in areas beyond that of specialization in a professional discipline. Requires working position skills in other related professional areas. Knowledge could be obtained through a graduate program or advanced specialized training. In addition to the practical knowledge of standard procedures, practical knowledge of technical methods to perform assignments such as carrying out projects that involve use of specialized complicated techniques.
Position requires the ability to create and/or refine complex procedures, ideas, or techniques. Uses independent thinking in complex environments. The work typically includes varied duties that require many different and unrelated processes and methods, such as those relating to well established aspects of an administrative or professional field. Decisions regarding what needs to be done include the assessment of unusual circumstances, variations in approach and incomplete or conflicting data. The work requires making many decisions concerning such things as interpretation of considerable data, planning of the work or refinement of the methods and techniques to be used.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Submit your resume with a cover letter to HR@huttotx.gov. In the subject line, write the name of the position you are applying for. No phone calls, please.